Log into Dr. Lantsman’s dispensary on Wellevate to purchase recommended vitamins, supplements, and natural health products.
Why do I need supplements if I eat whole foods?
Eating a whole food diet is not enough to provide an adequate amount of minerals and vitamins for optimal health. Why?
- Soils used for agriculture are depleted of nutrients and minerals. Produce travels for a long time before it reaches our table and loses some nutrients in transit.
- When products undergo processing, they lose nutrients.
- Certain food additives compete with our bodily stores of nutrients. For example, bromide can be found in breads, vegetable oils and pesticides. It competes with iodine which is a vital nutrient for the thyroid, breast and esophagus health.
- Medications such as antibiotics, painkillers, antacids, steroid inhalers, birth control pills diminishes our ability to digest foods and absorb nutrients.
- Various genetic mutations reduce our ability to absorb certain nutrients essential nutrients.
For these reasons and more, nutritional supplements are an integral part of staying well, preventing health problems and treating disease.
Which supplements do I need?
After carefully evaluating your unique biochemistry and genetics, we are able to customize minerals, nutrients, herbs, medicinal foods and nutraceuticals to serve as a solid base for wellness. These can be also be used as a safe treatment option for certain medical conditions.
Does it matter which brands of supplements I use?
The short answer is – yes. There are thousands of supplement brands on the market. At My Path, we recommend the highest quality products that are safe, free of toxins and synthetic ingredients, and lab tested for purity. We’ve done extensive research on the brands we recommend and have seen excellent results in our patients. These come from the best manufacturers in the industry such as Orthomolecular, Metagenics, Xymogen and Design for Health.
Where can I purchase supplements that My Path Medical recommends?
Our recommended supplements are available at Dr. Lantsman’s dispensary on Wellevate. You will need a login. For the convenience of our patients, we also carry supplements in our office.